PHP 8.2 Alpha 1 Released
The first alpha release of PHP 8.2 is now available for testing. PHP 8.2 Alpha 1 is the first QA release of PHP 8.2. While they are unstable and not meant to be used in production systems, they provide an opportunity to test the upcoming PHP version early.
PHP 8.2 Alpha 1 is the first release created by the newly appointed PHP 8.2 release managers.
PHP 8.2 Feature Freeze and Upcoming Alpha Releases
There will be two more alpha releases for PHP 8.2.
- PHP 8.2 Alpha 2, scheduled on 2022 June 23.
- PHP 8.2 Alpha 3, scheduled on 2022 July 07.
PHP 8.2 is scheduled to reach its feature-freeze on July 19. This means that there is still a few weeks left for PHP developers to bring forward their proposals to language changes in forms of RFCs and pull-requests. Once PHP 8.2 reaches the feature-freeze, no major changes will be made to the PHP 8.2 branch anymore, and PHP 8.2 will be gradually prepared for the first generally-available (GA) release this November.
Download PHP 8.2 Alpha 1
- Source: PHP 8.2 Alpha 1 is tagged in the
php-srcGit repository, and is available to download on GitHub.
- Windows binaries: Compiled Windows binaries are available to download on windows.php.net/qa.
- Docker images: Series of Docker images tagged
8.2.0alpha1...are available in Docker Hub.